[CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: Peak Oil's Latest Cover-Up

Danny Hannan danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 13 21:15:38 UTC 2009

G'day all,
This is the best news for cycling yet.
Whether you are a believer or a denier does not matter.  Here is the International Energy Agency (IEA) saying that Peak Oil has already arrived and that  they were lying in the past.  We will never see more oil available than there is now.  In a few short years there will be a shortage of supply (my bet 2012) with the attendant price rises and the devestating impact that will have on the economy.  Just in case you haven't realised; the real economy is the energy economy and it is heading into decline.  The financial economy is a virtual economy that sits over the top of the real economy.

The widening of the M2 may now be scrapped but I don't think the lump heads in Macquarie Street will realise the significence.

The IEA says that Oil production has Peaked.  This is now the line to use to push for cycling infrastructure and additional rights on the road.

Forget electric and hibred cars, they will be unaffordable and where are you going to get the energy anyway.  Renewable power is now 60c a kiloWatthr, by law.  Just check how many kiloWatts your car uses and you will see what I mean.

The only solutions are rail and human powered, and it is probably already too late for rail.  We will not be able to afford to build it fast enough.

Henry Ford and the motor car has put the world in this mess.  It is time to go to war on the greatest waste of energy ever invented.  The motor car

I would appreciate this e-mail being forwarded to as many people as possible.  The more that know and talk and write to our politicians the more chance there will be of affecting change, and we need that change of direction now and desparately.

Or Mad Max here we come!

Dan
 danny_hannan at yahoo.com