[CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: Investment Themes for the Next Decade

Danny Hannan danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 27 22:15:00 UTC 2009

G'day people,
Hope you have all had a very happy and fulfilling Christmas.

Ian,  SPA might also be interested in this article.

Chris's articles are always worth reading.  If you can see past the doom and gloom to the opportunities, even if it is just a warning so that you can protect yourself better from the effects of the coming troubles.  If you have an interest do subscribe, it's free.

That Chris Nelder and other commentators come to similar/the same conclusions as I do is no accident.  While we do follow each others work our consistency of message is not from plagiarism but from analysis of the same data sets, and shows the mendacity or the ignorance of our politicians. (I don't believe that people in power can be that ignorant)

From my analysis, a peak in residential Adjustable Rate Mortgage resets mid 2011 and a second much higher peak in 2013 in both the US & Europe and the refinancing of commercial properties whose declining values are less than the mortgages that need to be refinanced 2011-2013 will have serious impacts on the international banking/finance systems, coupled with increasing energy/oil/commodity prices will put strong downward pressure on any economic recovery.  In short causing further economic recession if not depression.

The graph of prices over time for commodities in the article may need to be adjusted for the global GDP.  The lower the global GDP or the higher the debt level the less that can be afforded to pay for the commodities.  This means that energy/oil/commodity prices may not reach the highs of 2008 before they cause a down turn in the economy.  My guess/estimate is that oil at around US$130-140/barrel (2008 high was US$147/barrel) will be enough to cause another economic downturn in 2011-2012.

Have a great 2010

Dan
danny_hannan at yahoo.com