[CAMWEST-discuss] Demise of CAMWEST

Ian Macindoe imacian1 at bigpond.com
Sun Aug 1 02:46:30 UTC 2010

Mark
Have just returned from several weeks holiday (Cairns and surrounds is
really nice mid-winter) and am catching up with emails. I want to
congratulate you on your thoughtful outline of the CAMWEST history of ups
and downs etc. Wise words. In the very early days there were meetings where
only 2 or 3 people showed up. But with persistence things changed gradually.
Like many organisations, matters wax and wane depending on many factors.
Sometimes we battle through a lean time. Yes, I think having a social
occasion (BBQ at some happy location) can be helpful --- no pressure and can
invite others who may be interested but have not been too active.
John, not sure why there is need for incorporation. We looked at it a couple
of times in the past and decided against it. However, there may be good
reasons for incorporating ---- I've been 'out of the loop' so not sure what
is behind the need.
If it will help, I'm able to host an afternoon barbie at my place: informal,
but chance to talk also. Mark is offering also.
Ian