[CAMWEST-discuss] [CAMWEST-announce] Channel 10 Bicycle Story 2/8/10

Danny Hannan danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 01:31:09 UTC 2010

Unfortunadely John,
They will not focus on the most important issue:  Energy

From Australian Energy Resource Assessment 2010 AtAustralia's current rate of
production our oil reserves have a life expectancey of 10 years and so that now
we need to import 75% of our liquid fuel needs (pp 25) "Net imports of liquid
fuels are projected to increase at an average rate of 3.3 per cent per year,
reflecting declining oil production.(pp 26)".  Inside ten years there will be as
many bicycles on the road as cars simply due to the economics of motoring.

You may be able to encourage any contacts on the show to deal with this thorny
issue.

Dan
 danny_hannan at yahoo.com