[CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: Don't Buy the Obama Illusion!

Danny Hannan danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 22:33:19 UTC 2011

G'day all,
I have to agree with every thing said in this article.
Clean coal is a scam, needing to burn some 40% more coal to bury the CO2, the
subsidies for fossil fuels are globally at 12 times those for renewable power,
with current technology, the supply of uranium would not meet the demand to
double nuclear power production from 5% to 10% of global energy.  And fast
breeder, generation 4 reactors are some 40-50 years away.

Global oil production peaked in 2006 (IEA 2010) coal production will peak some
time this decade (my bet is by 2015) as will global energy production peak this
decade again my bet earlier than later.  We need to have at least 25% of our
primary energy (as opposed to electricity) supplied by renewable energy by
2025-30 for us to have any chance of a modern society into the future.

See: http://camwest.pps.com.au/renewable-energy/

Dan
 danny_hannan at yahoo.com