[CAMWEST-discuss] using petrol in cars?

Danny Hannan danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 00:39:06 UTC 2011

The dults don't know it yet but it will happen long before 2030 and it will be
bicycles not electric powered vehicles.  Global peak energy production is very
likely to happen this decade if not already so there will not be the energy
available to manufacture the batteries at an affordable price or the electricity
to charge the batteries at an affordable price for the numbers of vehicles other
than bicycles to be a serious consideration.

At least Europe is installing large renewable power generation projects that
will mean they will have some power supply when the crunch comes in the next
decade or so.  Unfortunately Australia has only 0.3% of its energy needs met by
non-hydro renewable power.  But I suppose we have lots of coal; for a few
decades anyway.

Dan
 danny_hannan at yahoo.com