[CAMWEST-discuss] ABC Catalyst Science Show: OIL Crunch

Danny Hannan danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 23:08:25 UTC 2011

John,
This quote is from a letter I wrote to the then resources minister Nick
Minchin, in response to his reply to my earlier letter.  And Martin Ferguson is
no better.

"I was thoroughly disappointed with the letter from the Minister for Industry,
Science and Resources, Senator Nick Minchin.  His letter is a study in
prevarication."

And Martin Ferguson is no better.

"There probably will not be an oil supply crunch this decade but there will be
an oil price shock (2008 US$147/barrel).  The oil supply crunch comes early next
decade."(Jan 9 2001)

from:  http://camwest.pps.com.au/docs/minchin-lett.doc

And what many are totally unaware of is that global coal production is now at
its peak as well, with oil and coal production in decline that is 65% of global
energy production and excluding hydro, globally, renewable energy makes up about
0.5% of energy production.  And coal production will be in substantial decline
and below demand levels by 2015 plus massive debt levels in almost all western
economies, almost all having to import oil and coal at increasing prices.
Looking like a monster economic storm on the horizon.

A side issue:  If you have investments, either direct or via superannuation in
tollways or air lines both will be going bankrupt within to early this decade.

And our banks are not all that sound.  Over 60% of the banks loan book is tied
to realestate and if the Aussie realestate bubble pops they and we are in
trouble.

My prediction is that by 2020 bicycles will be similar numbers to cars on the
road due to the high costs of living and motoring.  My projections have
been scarily accurate.  Maybe just luck or maybe my analysis is accurate.

Dan
 danny_hannan at yahoo.com