[CAMWEST-discuss] Ross Garnaut on climate change

Danny Hannan danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 01:11:28 UTC 2011

Mark,
Like Global Warming it is going to be far worse to say and do nothing in respect of the energy crisis than to be truthful and provide measures to reduce the impact.  The end will be inevitably the same no matter what we do.  In 50-100 years all fossil fuels will be depleted and we will be surviving on what renewable infrastructure we can maintain.  All we can do is have a more controlled decent, either a controlled economic contraction with investment in the infrastructure we need for the future without fossil fuels, or the anarchy and chaos of economic depression and populations starving to death.  I prefer to have my children and grand children not suffer anarchy and chaos, it will be had enough to survive anyway.

I connot see our western society getting through this decade without a major economic depression let alone the next decade when declining energy supplies will continue the economic contraction.

And your assumption that there will be jobs to get to on time in 2025 with a worsening depression is seriously questionable.

I appologise to those who may be upset by my doom and gloom senarios but they are based on considerable research and analysis from 1996.

See the attached file if you think my projections are crack pot.

Dan

danny_hannan at yahoo.com