[CAMWEST-discuss] Ross Garnaut report

Danny Hannan danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 09:26:53 UTC 2011

G'day to all,
A report from the Ross Garnaut talk.
I posed the two questions at the talk, both Ross Garnaut and Simon Mahony from the ABC both were pots calling the kettle black by critising the length of my questions.  They would have to be the most verbose people around.  By the way, my questions were the only ones to be applauded by the audience.

While Ross answered the first question on oil depletion in a supportive and affirmative manner, he avoided the second question saying that the decline in supplies of gas and coal were less definite than for oil.

I have up dated the little piece on Michael Mrdak with lots of interesting (to me anyway) related links, attached.

Our politicians will fiddle while Rome burns unless the weight of opinion of the people forces them to move so that they save their seats or more commonly known as the Save Our Seats (SOS) policies.  So do start harassing your local members both state and federal.

If you are thinking that we are screwed, join my club.  Greece is in no worse debt situation than Japan, UK and the USA and possibly Russia as well, the difference is that the Greece cannot print more paper money (fiat currency) euros to pay its bills like the other nations are doing.

The global debt situation is unsustainable, global energy supplies have a high probability of going into decline this decade.  This combination results in the only logical solution is a globally controlled economic contraction, the alternative will be chaos and anarchy.

Dan
danny_hannan at yahoo.com