[CAMWEST-discuss] Fwd: Site nearly ready...Australian Cyclist Party

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Fri Oct 11 10:39:54 UTC 2013

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                  here is an update from Omar regarding his proposed Australian Cyclist Party. The intention is to contest the Senate Ballot in NSW & Victoria in the next State elections. There are links to a fledgling website & a request for assistance in forming a constitution for the proposed party.
This is an opportunity to have a forceful attempt to change the face of cycling in the political arena & for people who are passionate about cycling to be involved in the conception of a new political movement, or simply an opportunity to join the party & ensure they are able to contest the next election.

Folks,

We are running as fast as we can to get ready... Already I have a number of BUGs
sending out registration forms and strong interest from fairly significant
cycling elements in corporate circles wondering if they should put effort into
this as well...

Today while on the train to Melbourne I worked with a developer who came up with
a holding site:
Www.australian-cyclists-party.org
Also available via:
Www.icycleivote.com

It's minimalist but hopefully nearly enough.  Can you please have a look at and
provide feedback to me as soon as yo can?

By the way, the current Lycra shot will be updated with something more
"inclusive".

If anyone wants to assist with finalizing a constitution I would be very
grateful!  We have a template from the NSW Electoral Commission.

Sincerely,

Omar