[CAMWEST-discuss] Fwd: RT NSW LAUNCH MEETING TUE 3 DEC 13

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Wed Nov 27 08:12:42 UTC 2013

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                  anyone interested in being involved with rail Trails NSW. This is an open invitation.

Subject: RT NSW LAUNCH MEETING TUE 3 DEC 13

Dear All

See table attached of members attending (Wayde is keen to help but in Orange that day) so far.

I am really pleased we have so many who can help with ideas and plans leading up to the Launch on Wed 26 March 2014.

As I explained  to most on the phone we just found about the enquiry late next week and had until today ,   WED 27 March, to get our application in.
The Hon Tim Fischer is now the Parton of RAIL TRAILS NSW and signed the submission with the National President  Damian McCrohan  who is based in Melbourne.
We have booked the Parliament House theatre  for the afternoon and night for Wed 26 March 2014 to Launch RAIL TRAILS NSW however we have not locked in on that name.   The plan is to have a media launch in the early afternoon in time to make the evening news. Tim will work on being there for that. The meeting then for 100 plus is to outline the action plans we will take to make RTs in NSW a reality. We have no fixed agenda for that evening and we will work on that at this meeting.
We, wife and myself starting riding hybrid bikes - not racing bikes- and have since travelled to Vic 5 times in the last 2   1/2 years, with another couple staying at least 7 days at a time and spent a lot of time with meals etc in Vic Pubs.
We know that if Rail Trails (RTs) were throughout NSW they would be great for country Pubs.  So we have invited a representative from AHA - NSW - they put a good submission to the enquiry on 19 June.  Having worked in Westpac throughout country Victoria I have stayed in many country Pubs - I remember one where we sat in the kitchen for breakfast .
 Our aim is to have  a local group up and running  with an action plan before the Christmas break  therefore we are having an initial meeting next Tuesday afternoon / night . We can take more interested riders and  so please ask your members or other groups to have a rep  there .
When I started to phone people I had no idea of the number of riding groups.
VENUE
TUE 3 DEC 13
COMBINED SERVICES RSL
LEVEL 2, 5-7 BARRACK STREET  SYDNEY.
TIMINGS :  1830 FOR 1900 START.  You may like to bring a sandwich to eat with a coffee (we will provide this) before the meeting.
DRESS: SMART CASUAL
AGENDA
# WELCOME AND INTROS
# RTs SUBMISSION
# HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OF THE NSW LAUNCH.
# ACTION PLAN UP TO THE LAUNCH
The aim of the meeting is to see where each group can benefit from RTs .
GENERAL
Please let me know ASAP if you would if you have others who can attend.
It is always great to work with enthuastic people as I have found when I did the phone around.
Regards

John

John Moore
RAIL TRAILS NSW