[CAMWEST-discuss] Crossing Cowpasture Rd

Mark Robson (Austral Wright) Mark.Robson at australwright.com.au
Tue Jun 16 05:36:26 UTC 2015

Hi All,

The RMS and Fairfield Council are together planning to make alterations to the Western end of The Horsely Drive.
Where this road intersects with Cowpasture Rd there is a shared path route that crosses a 4 lane highway without
any assistance for the cyclists or pedestrians. Cyclists travelling west alongside The Horsely Drive and heading for the M7
via Lizard Log Picnic Ground must negotiate a multiple lane crossing adjacent to a roundabout in a 70km/h speed zone.

I have had contact with both RMS and Fairfield Council pointing out the dangers of this crossing. The new proposal will go on public
display as usual in a few months.  I am asking that the dangers of this crossing be removed.  Personally I can’t see how this can be
achieved without a bridge or traffic lights, but of course they don’t want to spend the money.  We will see what they come up with,
but I am asking for a major improvement. The pedestrian activated lights at Bungarribbee/Flushcombe Rds in Blacktown have been discussed as an
example of a similar intersection, but this is viewed by Council as a poor solution.

Mark Robson