[CAMWEST-discuss] Discovery Rides/ Tail riders required

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Tue Jun 23 10:11:39 UTC 2015

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                   we have been invited to host some discovery rides within the Parramatta LGA in conjunction with Parramatta City Council & Bicycle NSW. See the details below.

 We have four ride leaders to cover that role, but we would also like to have four tail riders to act as sweep. If you have considered doing the ride leader training this would be a great opportunity to see how an official ride is conducted, or you may just like to join the rides.

If you are interested, please contact me via email (jonhol2 at netscape.net) and let me know when you would be available.

At the end of June, end of July and beginning of August Bicycle NSW will host Discovery Rides through Parramatta Council. We just finished the Sydney Discovery Rides and they were a huge success. Over 100 riders joined us on six Sunday mornings. The feedback we got was very positive, grateful and

On four Sunday morning we will ride three rides to show off the local bike network to new, rusty and experienced riders. This all to raise awareness of the great cycling opportunities there are around Parramatta Council. John confirmed that CAMWest is willing to work with us on this.

The dates for the ride are as follows
* 28 June - Wharf to Wharf
* 19 July - Parramatta CBD
* 26 July - Parramatta Hospital
* 2 August - Clyde to M4

The times for the rides are, 8.00am, 9.30am and 11.00am. I'll ask riders to be at the start/finish site 30min prior to these departing time to check them in, have a little personal chat with them about their experience, get them to listen to a safety briefing from the ride leaders and set them off in time. The routes are between 7.5km and 10km which means they should not take longer than an hour.

See the following link for all the details:      http://bicyclensw.org.au/events/local-discovery-rides/parramatta-discovery-rides/