[CAMWEST-discuss] Cycling related events associated with Parramatta Park Australia Day Festivities

Rob robkemp at tpg.com.au
Sat Jan 16 21:08:16 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

There are a number of cycling related events happening as part of
theAustralia Day festivities at Parramatta Park
<http://www.ausdayparramatta.com.au/> (Tuesday 26th Jan).

  * At the centre of things is free Bike Valet Parking, just inside the
    Tudor Gate entry on the corner of George & O'Connell Sts (See
    http://www.ausdayparramatta.com.au/__data/assets/image/0004/172129/Aus-Day-map-2016.jpg).
    A free safety check or tune-up will be available from a bike
    mechanic between 12pm and 4pm.
  * I'm planning to lead a slow ride from Rooty Hill to the
    festivities.  The ride distance will be around 23km, and around 2/3
    of the route will be utilizing shared paths.  The rest will be on
    streets carrying reasonably low amounts of traffic.  I'll be passing
    by Doonside, Blacktown & Seven Hills Railway stations, so you can
    start from these points if you'd like a shorter ride.  The Start
    time from Rooty Hill is still to be confirmed, but I would expect it
    to be mid morning.  I'll send another email when confirmed.
  * Paul is running three 90 minute Heritage rides on the day - starting
    at 11am, 1pm & 3pm.  Free bike hire will also be available for those
    wishing to participate in the Heritage rides who don't have a bike
    with them.

Hope to see you on one of the rides or at the bike valet parking :)

Cheers,

Rob (ph 0415 902 708)