[CAMWEST-announce] upcoming kids ride

Mark Robson Mark.Robson at australwright.com.au
Thu Mar 13 11:15:43 EST 2008

Just a reminder of Camwest's next event

EVENT:    KIDS N BIKES

Date:          Sunday 16 March 2008 — Kids 'n Bikes
Start:          1:00 PM BYO picnic; 2 pm  Bike skills practice ,
                    ride at 3.00pm sharp
Location:         Walpole St Park , Walpole St, Merrylands (nr playground)
                        ( also known as Holroyd gardens, NOT Central Gardens
Distance:       12 km
Pace:           Slow
Grade:      Easy / Child Friendly / Uses Off-road Cyclepaths

The afternoon starts with a BYO picnic lunch from 1.00 PM to 1.30 PM. The lunch provides an opportunity to meet
and chat and for the kids to play and get to know each other. Meet near the huge adventure playground
and kids cycle training area. There is no facility for buying food or drink. Water and toilets at the site.

Kids 'bike rodeo' from 2pm.   Suitable for children of all ages
accompanied by a cycling adult, most suitable for children under 14 years. A 'bike rodeo' is bicycle skills practice such as
riding, stopping, restarting quickly, gear changing, and sharp turning.

Ride begins at 3:00 PM sharp.
Leisurely ride along path under M4 to Auburn and back.
Since the ride is an 'out and back' route you can simply stop when your kids
have had enough and either return yourself or wait for us to return.

All children under 16 must be accompanied by a cycling adult. All cyclists must wear a helmet and
should bring, at least, a spare tube that fits their bike ( including the kids bikes ), sunscreen
and a water bottle.

This is Camwest's first child friendly event for some time. If you don't have kids, please forward the information

 to someone who does if  you feel  they might enjoy the afternoon. If we get support for this type of event they will become a permanent part of our calendar.

Rain:
As a kid friendly event the afternoon will be postponed ( probably by 2 weeks ) if it rains.

Ring on the day if in doubt.

All welcome even if you don't have kids. Ride advertsied in local paper with story and photo,

so I don't know if we'll get 5 or 50.

Contact:
Mark Robson email Mark.Robson at australwright.com.au
 or on 0402 435 541