[CAMWEST-announce] Fwd: Baulkham Hills Council Cycling Committee

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Tue Sep 23 20:48:50 EST 2008

From: John Holstein <jonhol2 at netscape.net>
To: camwest-discuss at nicku.org; camwest-announce at nicku.org
Sent: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 8:04 pm
Subject: Baulkham Hills Council Cycling Committee

Fellow CAMWESTies,
?????????????????????????????? whilst volunteering at Sustainable House Day, I spoke with a staff member from Baulkham Hills Council & inquired about their cycling Policy & if they had a committee. I received a phone call today from the Council to inform me that they did not have a Cycleways Committee, as they had replaced their cycling person some years ago & the committee never re-formed. They do have a cycle way plan & if someone approaches them about cycle ways, then they consult the plan & see if they can fit it to the request.

All in all, it is a fairly ad-hoc approach to cycling in such a large LGA. I explained the role of CAMWEST & some of its history. The gentleman told me that the name, Ian McIndoe rang some bells, but that was about it. I offered our services & referred him to our website.

If you are a Baulkham Hills Shire resident & wish to see the Committee resurrected, then it may be an idea to write to council & inquire about such a thing happening.

The Baulkham Hills LGA does have some good facilities and they could be improved through some lobbying and interest from Cyclists in the Shire. Let me know your thoughts.

Find phone numbers fast with the New AOL Yellow Pages!