[CAMWEST-announce] Ride 2 School

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Fri Nov 28 21:09:26 EST 2008

Fellow CAMWESTies,
?????????????????????????????? I have received some promotional material from BNSW for the Ride 2 School Programme. It consists of a small number of Brochures, a poster,some further information and a request to promote Ride 2 School in our area. The aim of Ride2School is to encourage Students to use alternatives to cars as a?means to travel to school. The programme encourages students to ride, walk, skate or scooter to school as a means to a more active and healthy lifestyle. Their Mission Statement is "Supporting Schools to educate students and break down barriers to active living leading to a cleaner,greener,healthier community".

Schools registered with? Ride2School? receive a monthly newsletter which highlights what is happening around the state relating to Ride2School, as well as information on accessing funding for bicycle storage, implementing effective rider education programmes and details of upcoming events.

Schools will also be eligible to become a coach ?school and receive a cycle skill/road safety workshop for students, a cycle skill/road safety workshop for parents and a teacher trained in bike education.

For more information on the programme & to download the latest Ride2School Newsletter visit: www.bicyclensw.org.au/content/ride2school.

If any of you are interested i supporting this initiative in your children's local school, please let me know, or contact James Adams at BNSW on 02 9218 5405.

Get a FREE AOL Email account with unlimited storage. Experience Email and instant messaging together - chat while you mail and mail while you chat! Register for your free email account at http://free.aol.com.au