[CAMWEST-announce] Upcoming Heritage Events

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Thu Mar 20 09:56:53 UTC 2014

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                   our tireless historian Paul Bowyer has outdone himself recently with a heap of Heritage Events coming up. You can find Bookings & information on the events here. Paul has set up a small website solely for his Heritage Events & Rides, you can also access them from the link on the front page of our  website.

The coming events include a FREE Heritage ride on Sunday 30 March 2014 8.30am - 12.00pm. Departs from the Tudor Gates, George St entrance to Parramatta Park. It's free!

On 4 April 2014 we will be treated to an intimate talk by Jim Fitzpatrick at Elizabeth Farm House - spaces are limited to 30 peopleso hurry and book for this great event. Jim is the author of several books on the history of cycling in Australia including "The Bicycle & The Bush" & "Wheeling Matilda- The Story of Australian Cycling"More information on that here There is a small cost of $5-00 for this tour which will be donated to Elizabeth Farm House 6.30pm - Elizabeth Farm, Rose Hill  ($5)
Optional short tour of Elizabeth Farm at 6.30pm, talk at 7pm

Pauls following two rides are :
A new addition for 2014, as part of the National Trust's Heritage Festival, this unique ride focuses on Australia's 3 oldest buildings, which are all located in Parramatta! It includes a short tour of each:

Elizabeth Farm (1793)
Dairy Cottage (1798)
Old Government House (1799)

Cost: $23 adult, $14 child/concession, $60 family
Dates: Sun 27 April, Sun 18 May, 9.30am - 1.00pm

Here is a great opportunity to enjoy some of Australia's oldest European History with an informative narrative by Paul.