[CAMWEST-announce] BVP Parramatta Foundation festival

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Thu Oct 9 11:24:41 UTC 2014

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                   as I stated in a previous email we have been successful in being able to provide BVP for Parramatta Council at the Foundation Festival on 2 November 2014. This is a great opportunity to promote cycling and its infrastructure around Parramatta. we have been given a very usable and large space near the Erby Street Carpark facing on to Phillip St and given a brief to provide a range of cycling related activities.

At this time we are in early stages of planning but this is a brief outline of what we would like to provide:

*	Free bike, scooter, pram & mobility device parking
*	Try  Two Wheels (very basic cycle skills on a balance bike leading to pedaling a bicycle)
*  	Gear changing skills ( stationary trainer mounted bicycle activity)
*	Basic Bike Maintenance Skills ( tyre changing, gear/ brake adjustment, basic lubrication & care)
* 	Bicycle Hire
* 	Paul Bowyer's Heritage Rides - three rides planned. Paul will start and finish at the Hub. CAMWEST will brief riders, assess skills & have the next group prepared to leave as soon as the previous group returns.
*	Unicyclist skills workshop
*	Children's road safety activities  (Identifying road signs, safety on shared paths, etc)
*	Basic safety checks of your bicycle (qualified bike mechanic) and basic safety adjustments

If you have any ideas for other promotions or activities we could provide please contact us through the announce or discuss lists (simply reply to this email) or contact me at jonhol2 at netscape.net.