[CAMWEST-announce] Parramatta Foundation Day Festival

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Tue Oct 21 10:43:36 UTC 2014

Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                   just a brief (ish) note to seek help & advertise our next venture. We have negotiated successfully with Parramatta City Council to provide Bike Valet Parking at the Foundation Day Festival at Parramatta on Sunday 2 November 2014.

FREE Bike Valet Parking will be available between 2pm and 9.30pm at the corner of Phillip St & the rear entrance to the Erby St Car Park & we require volunteers, so let us know of you would be available for a short time ( about an hour at a time) to assist. We also promise to park any human powered item, such as prams, wheelchairs, mobility scooters, so you can enjoy the festival without worrying about your wheels.

HERITAGE RIDES - Paul Bowyer will be hosting three Gate to the Plate themed Heritage Rides during the afternoon, at 3pm, 4.15pm & 5.30pm - http://parramattaheritagerides.net/
There will be a number of hybrid bikes for hire should you wish to bring a friend and you can book your bike HERE before the ride for a the knockdown price of just $15.00

FREE BIKE SAFETY CHECKS A QUALIFIED BICYCLE MECHANIC (Adam from pedalling Parramatta) will be carrying out free bike safety checks & doing minor adjustments throughout the afternoon as well as a couple of workshops on basic bicycle maintenance. So if the gears clunk or make strange noises, or the brakes don't quite work as they should, come along for a safety check & Adam might fix the problem for you for free (parts excluded).

TRY TWO WHEELS- Qualified AustCycle Teachers will be on hand to give non riders a chance to try two wheels, so bring your non riding children or friends along & we will see if we can get them cycling on two wheels.

CHILDREN'S ACTIVITIES  We will have a range of children's activities available throughout the day, colouring in, road rules quizzes & jigsaws and some free prizes.

TRY ONE WHEEL - Ever wonder what it's like to ride a Unicycle? Here is a chance to find out. We will have a couple of Unicycles for you to try.

We see this as a chance to make a very active contribution to cycling in Parramatta and to also showcase our services. We are committed to returning a large part of our fee to the event to promote CAMWEST and show Parramatta that Bike Valet Parking should be a part of every event in the City.

So let your friends and family know it's on, come on down to Parramatta for some other great activities, food and fun. Ride your bike or hire one of ours for the Heritage Gate to Plate Rides & discover some of Parramatta's great History from our resident Historian Paul Bowyer, give us a hand with our range of activities & then go on to enjoy the other aspects of the Festival.

Please forward this email to all your cycling and non cycling friends