[CAMWEST-announce] COMMENT ON PROPOSED BI-DIRECTIONAL CYCLEWAY ON QUEENS ROAD, WESTMEAD

jonhol2 at netscape.net jonhol2 at netscape.net
Tue Jul 26 00:57:09 UTC 2016

Hi all,
         I agree you need to confer with the Parramatta Cycleways Committee on this issue. Re my suggestion to utilise the Railwyay  Pde/ Hawkesbury Rd option. Perhaps a good, wide, dedicated shared path may send a strong message to the students attending the four educational institutions there that a bicycle may be a great option for getting to school.

In my personal submission I also suggested a revamp of Queens road with a 20kph speed limit and treatment to turn the entire road into a shared space with angle parking along the Northern edge, thus not losing parking spaces, just moving them to one side of the road and avoiding any possibility of a dooring.

John Holstein
"If we don't change direction we will end up where we are headed"
(Professor Irwin Corey, Comedian 1909 - )