[CAMWEST-discuss] Cycling from Parra to Strathfield

pbowyer at qantas.com.au pbowyer at qantas.com.au
Mon Oct 13 07:00:32 UTC 2008

Hi Belinda,
Depending on where you're going in Strathfield, the route below might help.
You could use this to get to the east side of Rookwood Cemetery, and then
follow Barker Rd and left at Albert Rd (which may be blocked) or Oxford Rd.
I think these roads are pretty quiet though I haven't ridden on them.

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Westmead-to-Mascot

If you're referring to the Parramatta Valley cycleway, that's accessed from
Thomas St at North Parramatta. The cycleway commences just before James
Ruse drive, goes under that road, through the University of western Sydney,
then crosses a couple of streets before coming out at South St Rydalmere.
You can follow South St to until John St where you turn right, and join the
pathway again at the Ferry terminal. This continues under Silverwater
bridge, though then it gets tricky because of the development going on. You
need to turn left after going under the bridge, then ride into the path
coming from the access road on the right.
It's a bit of a meander through there at present but you can get through to
the other side where you rejoin the PVC near the water. Not as
straightforward as it should be! It would be a fair bit longer to travel to
Strathfield this way.

Regards,
Paul

Paul Bowyer
Project Manager
Qantas Airways Ltd
QFCL/3
203 Coward St Mascot 2020
pbowyer at qantas.com.au
+61438 856 880

             Nick Urbanik
             <nicku at nicku.org>
             camwest-discuss-b         camwest-discuss at nicku.org, Belinda
             ounces at nicku.org          Yi <belindayi at iprimus.com.au>
                                                                        cc

             03/10/2008 10:13                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [CAMWEST-discuss] Cycling from
                                       Parra to Strathfield

Dear CAMWESTies,
would anyone be able to help Belinda?

Nick Urbanik   RHCE         http://nicku.org        nicku at nicku.org

************** PLEASE CONSIDER OUR ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING
******************* Confidentiality and Privilege Notice

This e-mail is intended only to be read or used by the addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Confidentiality and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you.

Qantas Airways Limited
ABN 16 009 661 901

Visit Qantas online at http://qantas.com