[CAMWEST-discuss] [CAMWEST-announce] Petition

pbowyer at qantas.com.au pbowyer at qantas.com.au
Tue Oct 28 04:07:11 UTC 2008

Doug,
You can join the T-Way cycleway from Abbott Rd.  It runs alongside the bus
lane and is a mix of shared path and access roads. There are a few lights
to negotiate but it's pretty good until you get to Briens Rd - the well
publicised "missing link". Not sure the current status of that, but someone
else may be able to provide a tip for how to get through there. Last I
recall there was a hole in a fence to climb through! (I usually use the
T-Way bridge over Briens Rd but that's early on Sunday mornings before
there are any buses).

The attached bikely route shows the route pretty well:
http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Bella-Vista-Norwest-to-Olympic-Park-Homebush-Bay

I would suggest a couple of amendments to this route, especially for
children and newbies:
   instead of exiting Parramatta Park at George St, take the path to the
   left (before the Tudor Gatehouse), cross the river then go left at the
   pool carpark (take care here), and pick up the new path along the river.
   Go under the O'Connell St bridge, take the first exit left and go left
   on O'Connell St (on the other side of the road now), then join George
   St. This gets you across the road more easily that waitng for the lights
   at the Tudor Gatehouse, which is a dangerous spot. Note that George St
   can be pretty busy depending on what time you're there.
   Instead of turning right at Harris St, follow the underpass under the
   Gasworks Bridge, and continue along George St to Alfred St and turn
   right there. Follow this all the way to the M4 and turn left onto the M4
   cycleway (shown on the bikely map).  The rest of the path shown is on
   cycleways till you get to Olympic Park.

Regards
Paul

Paul Bowyer
Project Manager
Qantas Airways Ltd
QFCL/3
203 Coward St Mascot 2020
pbowyer at qantas.com.au
+61438 856 880

             "Doug & Nina
             Bathersby"
             <dbathers at bigpond                                          To
             .net.au>                  <camwest-discuss at nicku.org>,
             Sent by:                  <camwest-announce at nicku.org>, "John
             camwest-discuss-b         Holstein" <jonhol2 at netscape.net>
             ounces at nicku.org                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             27/10/2008 05:18          Re: [CAMWEST-discuss]
             PM                        [CAMWEST-announce] Petition

Can anyone advise me of the best and safest route from the end of the
Windsor to Parramatta cycleway at Abbott Road to Sydney Olympic Park taking
into consideration that it is for a group of inexperienced cyclists and
children.

Regards

Doug Bathersby
HV BUG Inc.