[CAMWEST-discuss] [CAMWEST-announce] Parramatta Sun Article on M4 Cycleway

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Wed Feb 1 03:30:11 UTC 2012

We know this section was a vote buying exercise by Borger prior to the last state election, but now it is built there isn't much we can do except lobby very hard for the present mob to keep on building more paths.

There is an excellent corridor along the M4 suitable for shared paths, but what is also needed is feeder paths to connect to this one as well as the continuation of this path to the west.

This is a Nearmap capture of the new section under construction. In my opinion we should be pushing hard for the continuation of this work, a dedicated cycle connection to Merrylands Station & the Liverpool Rail trail and a dedicated north/south path through Parramatta to connect with the Parramatta Valley Cycleway. That would tie together Liverpool,Parramatta & Homebush via PVC & M4 cycleways.

When lobbying for these improvements, forget single references to cycleways, instead referring to shared paths and disabled access. Highlight the benefits of tying communities together by means other than motor car & public transport