[CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: Bourke Rd cycleway

Danny Hannan danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 23:47:56 UTC 2012

G'day all,
These are reasons that we need to change our transportation and energy production priorities.  That doing so also addresses Global Warming, equity,
health and economic issues are also important.

NSW imports virtually 100% of its liquid fuel needs, global production has reached a plateau, The US Energy Information Agency, the US Joint Forces Command and our own Bureau of Infrastructure Transport and Regional Economics Report 117, have all projected the global shortage of liquid fuels production as early as 2012 and the permanent decline of global production of liquid fuels for 2012-2017.  With heavy reliance on road transport and grossly inadequate rail transport NSW is very vulnerable to global shortages and prices rises in liquid fuels.  As is the whole of Australia.

danny_hannan at yahoo.com