[CAMWEST-discuss] The US economic recovery

Danny Hannan danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 19:47:25 UTC 2012

G'day all,
This is the consumption part of the petroleum report for the US for the 17/02/2012.  When you read this it does not sound like the US is having an economic recovery.  Particularly diesel which is a measure of goods being delivered.  Total consumption for the US in 2007-8 was 21 million barrels a day.

danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Total products supplied over the last four-week period have averaged about 18.1 million barrels per day, down by 6.7 percent compared to the similar period last year. Over the last four weeks, motor gasoline product supplied has averaged 8.2 million barrels per day, down by 6.1 percent from the same period last year. Distillate fuel product supplied has averaged about 3.6 million barrels per day over the last four weeks, down by 5.9 percent from the same period last year. Jet fuel product supplied is 9.1 percent lower over the last four weeks compared to the same four-week period last year.

US WTI US$108/barrel, Brent US$123/barrel and Tapis where we buy our oil US$132/barrel.