[CAMWEST-discuss] PROSPECT HIGHWAY FROM PROSPECT TO BLACKTOWN

Mark Robson (Austral Wright) Mark.Robson at australwright.com.au
Mon Jun 16 00:43:20 UTC 2014

Hi John,

I attended this ‘information session’ on Saturday as I was going past anyway, ( whoops don’t tell them I was driving!)

When I estimated the total trip time between Blacktown and the Reservoir Rd intersection south of the M4 roundabouts I was shocked.

When this project is completed there will be 11 sets of traffic lights; 3 uncontrolled road crossings and about 49 driveways.
I therefore guestimate a legally behaving rider will actually take 47 minutes to cover just 5.3 km, at a woeful 32% effective riding rate.
My allowances of 1-1/2 minutes for lights, ¼ minute for uncontrolled roads and 1/10th minute for each driveway are open for change.
They are all just estimates.

This will be perhaps the worst cycling facility built so far, perhaps being worse than Sunnyholt Road with all of its traffic lights.

I expressed my displeasure at the woeful result if these plans. I have also put my concerns in writing and emailed to the project.

Transport NSW have stated that cycling facilities should be enjoyable. This will be a wide footpath for legal use by cyclists.

Regards

Mark