[CAMWEST-discuss] NearMap

Rob Kemp robkemp at tpg.com.au
Sat Jun 28 10:58:13 UTC 2014

Hi CAMWESTies,

I've taken out a 1 year subscription to Nearmap.  If anyone has a particular
cycling-related project in mind, I'm happy to provide the user credentials
for an agreed period.

For those unfamiliar with NearMap, it's similar to Google's Satellite view of
an area, but it's higher resolution aerial photography.  The photography is
also updated fairly regularly (at least several times a year, and sometimes
every few weeks).  The disadvantage is that its coverage is limited, mostly
to the major cities.  You can look back at all recorded images of an area
over about the last 5 years and see what has changed.  From a cycling
perspective, one useful function is to check out shared paths around Sydney.
 Particularly in new housing subdivisions, the photos are more up to date
than most maps.

The plan that I've subscribed to provides unlimited downloads for the next 2
months, then 250 Mb downloads per month for the rest of the year.

Please let me know if you're interested in accessing NearMap.

Regards,

Rob